Have you ever been to an auction where one party was “hell-bent-for-leather” to win whatever the auction target was. The guy who wants to win at all costs is not called a “winner” where I am from. He usually overpays and regrets it later. My wife has won auctions costing thousands of dollars, only to regret it later. The winner of an auction is often really “The Loser.” Winning an auction is often a “dope-fiend” move.
Do Dodger fans really want Andrew Friedman to win the Bryce Harper Auction at all costs? This fan doesn’t! At the right price, I would want Bryce Harper… but to win an auction? Let Zaidi win that boat-anchor contract. Zaidi really doesn’t want to win that auction either, but Giants ownership may force him.
Andrew Friedman will not make a dope-fiend move… that I am sure of. “But he signed Anderson, McCarthy, Olivera, Kazmir and Sierra.” … and your point is? Those were bad moves… not Dope-Fiend moves! Dope fiend moves hamstring you for years. Speaking of ham…
How much ham
could a ham chuck chuck
if a ham chuck could chuck ham?
However, I digress. The Dodgers do not need Bryce Harper, but Bryce Harper needs the Dodgers… if he wants to win. He’s not winning in SF and Friedman may very well give Farhan enough rope to hang himself. Harper doesn’t want to go to Philly or SF and the Dodgers do not want a boat anchor contract.
If the Dodgers can get Harper at a bargain, then I am all for it, but an overpay? Forget about it! The Dodgers are fine… Bryce, it’s your call! Me? I really don’t care. What will be, will be!
I have been in LA all week and it has been crazy. I did get to have dinner with 2demeter2 on Tuesday. In fact, he bought drinks and dinner for me, my son and my VP of Sales. He almost fought me when I tried to pay, but I had to give up because he is bigger than me! What a great time and thank you! Then, on Wednesday, we met up with Bobby for some tequila. That was nice too.We have some awesome people on LA DODGER TALK!
While We Wait…
- Alex Verdugo is making a case to be on the roster and maybe the leadoff hitter.
- Garlick does not stink.
- Julio Urias might slide into Kershaw’s spot rather easily!
- I continue to believe Kershaw is hurt!
- Corey Seager is still on the path to start the season at SS. He has taken live BP and may play in minor league games next week.
- MLB.COM rates the Dodgers farm systems #7, which is nothing short of amazing consider their winning ways the past 6 years. YIKES!
- Brad Milleris a nice signing. To me, it means that Friedman is building some more depth in preparation for a possible trade.