I have been making trade proposals for over 40 years now… and to date, I have never been right. I was close a very few times, so I keep it up knowing that even blind squirrels occasionally find nuts. Have you ever noticed how skinny blind squirrels are? However, I digress….Yesterday, Always Compete (AC) wrote this in response to my trade proposal for Manny Machado:
If you want to get creative why not make those the central part of a package for Realmuto, Castro, and Barraclough and include Grandal and Forsythe to balance the dollars. Dollar wise, that makes the Marlins gold for next year. And with Grandal going home, maybe the Fish can convince him to stay. He will automatically make their pitching staff better.
That’s why AC makes the big bucks! Great Idea! While I do not agree with his trade suggestion, it did cause me to think (something I rarely do). I don’t think the Marlins want Grandal, but they would take Forsythe to balance the salaries. The Nats do need a catcher, but there are two problems with trading Grandal to them: (1) They won’t pay a lot; and (2) The Dodgers might have to play them in the playoffs.
- So, the Dodgers trade Grandal to the Nationals for the best prospect(s) they can get. I am not sure who that is….
- Next they trade Diaz, Ruiz (gulp), Puig, Alvarez, Baez and Santana to the Marlins for Realmuto, Castro, and Barraclough.
The Marlins get three Cubans which might help boost attendance due to the large Cuban population around Miami. Look at this lineup:
- Toles or Verdugo RF (may the best man win – the other is the 4th OF’er))
- Turner 3B
- Kemp LF
- Bellinger 1B
- Realmuto C
- Taylor SS
- Hernandez/Pederson CF
- Castro/Utley 2B
Bear Clawis the Set-Up man and the Dodgers go all the way! OK, that’s all I’ve got! Well there’s a couple other things:
- The consensus within the Dodger organization was that Clayton Kershaw needed a rehab start today before coming off the DL, but Clayton’sPay Gradewas above theirs so he got his way and will pitch against DeGrom today. This could be very interesting.
- The Grand Salami last night has to be a big boost to Cody’s confidence. You just don’t send a guy like that down. Never!
- Scott Alexander is turning into a ground ball machine. Last night, in 2 innings, he had 5 ground outs and one strike em’ out! The Dodgers bullpen is looking better by the day.
- Conner Joe was 2-3 with a HR in his first game at OKC last night. Is this guy for real?