April Fools Day is Upon Us although some morons wrote that a day earlier. Relax, it’s not happening! Braun would save the Dodgers $4or $5 million a year over Kemp, but with an additional year added. I don’t see that as an upgrade and the fact of the matter is that a Happy Matt Kemp can be a real force on this team, and we have already seen that his fielding has improved… undoubtedly due to the loss of 40 pounds, better conditioning and better positioning. I can’t see Braun coming to LA. He’s more brittle than Kemp.
Rants and Raves
- Kenta Maeda looked dominant with 10 strikeouts in 5 innings. He is certainly not going to pitch past 5… maybe 6 innings, but that’s OK if he pitches like that.
- The Dodgers didn’t hit much last night, but they got 5 runs on 4 hits and 3 walks and 2 errors by the Giants – they made the most of what they did.
- Kyle Farmer is playing 3B much better than last year! His is moving much quicker and easily!
- The pitching has been outstanding. After three games, the Dodgers are next to last in MLB in hitting with a .131 BA, but they are number one in pitching with a 0.67 ERA. It’s only 3 games and don’t expect either stat to persist. I know – it’s early.
- Last night, I watched Ross Stripling shaking his hand a couple of times after pitches… like his fingers were tingling. Just an observation… maybe it’s something… or not! At any rate, he did his job as Maeda’s caddy for two innings.
- El Gasolino came in and actually threw some sliders, which were effectively mixed with his fastball. It’s a fresh start. They will keep him in low leverage situations for a while to build his confidence.
- Scott Alexander has a shot at becoming the 8th inning guy, along with JT Chargois.
- The Dodgers need to get their hitting shoes on – even Ray Charles can see that.
- Look for Justin Turner to return around May 15th. I’m not a Doctor… but I play a (water) doctor on the internet. 😉
- Adrian Gonzalez is hitting .429 with a .556 OB%. I guess they got rid of the wrong 1B. That Bellinger dude will never amount to anything! 😉
- Rich Hill goes tonight on Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN as the Dodgers attempt to get back to .500.
- The Dodgers received their Championship Rings last night, but I am more interested in the one they get for the next level.