The Dodgers shut out the Cubs on World Series Ring Night! SWEET!!!! I think the team decided they had seen too much partying by the Cubs at their expense. This team wants rings of their own and knows they have to take it and they took it last night. Yeah, they are Junkyard Dogs.
- If Chase Utley just hits .200 he is worth it. Did you see him score from 1st on that error? If respect is money, he’s Bill Gates and Warren Buffett combined. Actually, I think he will be an offensive force THIS year as well. It’s been a slow start after a hot Spring, but he will be fine.
- I predicted 100 innings each for Wood and Stripling this year and I stand by it. I really, really like both of them. This is an elite bullpen with great depth. Baez is ready to come back. Fields will go back down unless there is an injury.
- Stripling: 6.1 IP, 1 ER, 10 K, 1.42 ERA
- Wood: 5.2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 5 K, 1.59 ERA
- Brandon McCarthy – this is the guy FAZ wanted… and finally got! The first two years in Blue were a waste. Maybe he makes his detractors pay now… He is 2-0 with a 1.54 ERA. He is in great shape and has worked hard. He is getting stronger by the game. McCarthy detractors will say that he is going to get hurt. Whatever! All I know is that he pitched six very strong innings last night as he outdueled John Lackey.
- The Dodger hitters are still slumbering. They will awaken soon enough.
- Luis Avilan looks like a keeper.
- Fearless Prediction: The Cubs will wish they had rotation depth before the end of the year. Have you been paying attention? Arrietta’s velocity is dropping….
- Around the league – Matt Cain is rounding back into form while Shelby Miller still is struggling
Minor League Report
- OKC BOX– Won 5-2
- TULSA Did Not Play
- RC BOX– Won 11-2 – Mitch White is a man among men as he still has not been scored upon in his professional career… in 31 IP! He pitched 5 last night, allowed a hit, walked one and struck out 6. Getting White has to be the biggest heist since 2003 when the Central Bank of Iraq was robbed for a billion dollars. Istler pitched 2 scoreless to end the game. The Loons had 17 hits, led by Diaz and Sandoval with 3 and 2 each by Mejia, Estevez, Peters and Landon..
- GL BOX– Won 3-2
Today’s LA Dodger Game Talk
- Forsythe 2B
- Seager SS
- Turner 3B
- Puig RF
- Van Slyke 1B
- Grandal C
- Thompson CF
- Hernandez LF
- Ryu P
All LH hitters except Ryu and Seager. Brett Anderson is a very good pitcher when healthy. He has pitched 5.2 innings and has a 1.59 ERA. When he was with the Dodgers I said he was no chump and he still isn’t.