I started to write an analysis of the World Series, but what could I write that hasn’t been written and re-written? At one time, it seemed like it was me against the world as the FAZ-Bashers were relentless, but so was I, as I understood what they were trying to do, and I bought in early. Now, most Dodger fans are on the FAZ Bandwagon, but it’s extra sweet for me because I was a champion of FAZ long before this 2017 version of the Dodgers. At this juncture, there’s not much to say except…
How Sweet it is!
This is what the 2017 Dodgers are playing for – The World Series. It’s wonderful that the Dodgers won their first pennant since 1988, but it’s not enough. They have to win four more for this year to be a resounding success… and it won’t be easy. This Astro team is very, very good and they have Jose Altuve! He is scary good!
Here are few things to consider:
- Corey Seager and Justin Turner have injury issues – We don’t know how well Corey can play and Justin Turner is battling an “unspecified” injury as he has been held out of BP and other drills. Farhan Zaidi said that Turner is “banged up.” How these two storylines play out remains to be seen. Seager and Turner have been the Dodgers top performers all season and losing one or both could be a huge blow.
- It seems that Austin Barnes has taken over as the Dodgers starting Catcher – I am a fan of both players and believe both will play in the series, but Barnes has reverse splits. I can see Grandal being the DH at times, but it’s more likely that Corey Seager will DH in AL games.
- Culberson has to make the roster due to uncertainty about Seager, so either Pederson, Farmer or Granderson won’t make it. My money says that Granderson is the odd-man out!
- I think it is essential that the Dodgers win on their home field. If they head to Houston 1-1, it could be rough.
- Can the bullpen keep up their Total World Domination?
- This is a perfect series for the Dodgers to run wild on Houston’s Catchers who cannot throw me out!
- Clayton, Here’s your opportunity to erase those bad 7th innings and flip the script! I’m rooting for ya’.
- With questions about Turner and Seager, it’s going to take a team effort to win this thing, but like Clayton said, this team has something he’s never seen… something special. I don’t think they will be denied. They see the finish line and will suck it up to win in 4 or 7 games – whatever it takes!
- What I know is this: It can be a total crapshoot, but it could be just as likely that a Logan Forsythe ends up as MVP over Jose Altuve. You never know who steps up… and when!
- Finally, it’s more of a distraction that Adrian Gonzalez is not with the team and headed to Italy than it would be if he were there. Why go during the World Series? Why not be with your teammates? I’m sorry, but this is who he is. There is no excuse. He gets no pass. I’m done with him! You don’t abandon your teammates! It’s selfish and classless… no matter how they spin it. Even if he were going for medical treatment, is it really going to make a difference if he waited a week? There have been whispers that he was not about the right thing in Boston and even in LA. His absence says it all for me. In my opinion, he can never wear The Blue again.
Arizona Fall League
Matt Beaty and DJ Peters continue to struggle at .154, while Diaz and Smith are both flourishing at .400. Remember, last AFL season, Cody Bellinger raked and Alex Verdugo flopped. It turns out that Cody was ready. Diaz and Smith are getting closer.
Congratulations to Cody Bellinger for winning The Sporting News National League Rookie of the Year. What a surprise! NOT!