On Saturday, Yasiel Puig hit two homeruns and so on Sunday Dave Roberts moved Yasiel to #5 and he promptly went 0-5. Look, I have accepted two things that I think are very important:
Yasiel Puig is a great, extraordinary talent; and
Yasiel Puig is a knucklehead.
It’s my opinion that you just let him play and not over-think where he hits. Keep him at #8 and leave him there. He might be the best #8 hitter in baseball. It is my opinion, that you just let him be and not move him around. Keep him at #8 Doc!
Rants & Raves
- Kike Hernandez is not only a good player but he has been very instrumentals to the Dodgers success, and for a guy who gets bashed for his defense (silly) he sure saved the game yesterday.
- I have recently seen progress in Joc Pederson – he is adjusting to the situation and cutting down his swing when it is appropriate. I’m hopeful…
- It appears to me that Alex Verdugo, Willie Calhoun and Kyle Farmer don’t have much to learn at AAA. I especially think it’s time to see what Verdugo can do.
- I thought that when the Dodgers re-called Brock Stewart, it would be for the bullpen and they confirmed that yesterday. I think he can be an outstanding swing man.. maybe even a 8th inning guy.
- Boxout 7 commented about something that I think is right on:“Rosenthal also spoke with right-hander Jake Arrieta at length in an interesting interview about his struggles this season. While the former Cy Young winner conceded that his workload in 2015-16 may be having more of an effect on him than he’d like to admit. As Rosenthal notes, virtually every member of the Cubs’ rotation that pitched into the World Series has had some level of struggle this season, and the same is largely true of the Indians.Maybe just maybe there is something to FAZ limiting the starter innings. Is it possible that DEPTH is the new superstar?”I think he nailed it!
- Yusniel Diaz is really heating up at RC. He’ll be promoted to AA soon at this rate. He was 4-4 yesterday. Remember, he is only 20!
- Don’t count Maeda out!