- Start with a hungry team who fell just short and age it a year;
- Stir in a few new players;
- Blend in growing maturity;
- Add a dash of experience;
- Simmer with lots of competition;
- In a side pan, simmer Turner Ward’s system until gelled;
- Allow the creation to rest periodically;
- Boil in a large pan of determination;
- Slowly combine growing manager experience; and
- Broil away all vestiges of injury.
Cook for 162 games and serve it over the next 19 games – serves millions.
Rants & Raves
- SoCorey Seager claims he did not have his “A Swing” last yearand is working to re-gain it. How scary is that for other teams?
- Bellinger, Seager and Urias are now all represented by the Devil himself – Scott Boras!
- Andre Either is allegedly 100% healthy.
- Dodgers Digestbelieves A-Gon will pay 135-140 games this year. That sounds just about right. I know he’s an iron man, good guy, great citizen, wonderful teammate. He’s also 35 and has been in decline for 4 years. Rest him and maybe he can be more effective, but I do worry that this is the year he really drops off…
- Today might be the day that Paul George of the Indiana Pagers is traded to either the Lakers or Celtics. We expected him to be Jordan but he’s really Pippen – maybe Johnson can do some Magic on him.