Dodger fans are never in a good mood after a loss to the Giants and it’s especially irritating when MadBum is the winning pitcher. I’m no different! $$#%& &?!^%$#@%$. There I feel better already, but then factor in that I am an Indianapolis Colts fan and my Sunday doesn’t look too fun. That, and it’s 92 degrees here today… at the end of September.
A few things may have changed… at least in our minds:
- Ryu may miss the first round of the playoffs. He’s going to have to miss a few days with his arm bruise and so may not be ready.
- McCarthy and/or Buehler are in consideration for spots. Both looked good last night. Brandon’s new windup is interesting. He was very precise in hitting his spots. His velocity is down 3-4 MPH and it may be by design. He might be trading velocity for accuracy and he was very accurate last night. If he can keep that up, he can be valuable in the pen. Buehler just needs to trust his filthy stuff!
- El Gasolino is still on the bubble.
Rants & Raves
- What was Puig thinking when he tried to steal 2B in the 9th inning? Duhhhoooo, he wasn’t?
- Kyle Farmer cannot play 1B. At 63, I can still pick those balls in the dirt. You either have it or not. He doesn’t have it.
You know, I have thought about opening up some websites that I own. I own LaProSports.com and also the following sites:
- www. LaAngelTalk.com
Hummm… there’s a lot we could do with all that. I’ll probably sell them instead – I have no time. I have owned them for years. Do you know someone who wants to build a blog empire?
Dodger Top 30 Prospects
There will be a big shakeup in the Dodgers Top 30 prospects next season. Going into the season, here’s what I see as the TOP FEW:
- Kay Bear Ruiz
- Walker Buehler
- Alex Verdugo
- Mitch White
- Yusniel Diaz
- Will Smith
- Kyle Farmer
- Dustin May
- Luke Raley
- Matt Beaty
- Edwin Rios
- Dennis Santana
Arguably, you could put any one of about 10 other players in the TOP 10 and no one could say you were wrong. Players like Kendall, Alvarez, Lux, Sheffield, Heredia, Estevez, Oaks, Peters, Jackson, Marinan, Cooper, Wong and Robinson could be close. I don’t include Kendall because he’s too far away for me to project. Others do and that’s OK. I just can’t do it.
I would like to see a 7 or 8 inning start by Clayton today in which he totally dominates the Giants. I think that is something that is needed. The Indians are one game behind the Dodgers for best record in baseball. The Nats can’t catch the Dodgers, but Cleveland can.
P.S. I just bought a pristine copy of a 1977 Sporting News with these guys on it: