Maybe Guggenheim and Company invested heavily in a pharmaceutical firm that had a new blood pressure medication and the plan was for the Dodgers and their coaching staff to do whatever was necessary to keep to Dodgers treading water, choking in the clutch, implosions of the bullpen, freaky lineups to drive up Dodger fans’ blood pressure so that they would seeking this new wonder drug to lower their collective blood pressure? That would drive up the stock price and Guggs and company would have their profits. Yeah, that’s the ticket. That’s exactly what happened… until September 12th when they turned the dogs loose.
This 2018 version of the Dodgers is too good, too deep and too talented to have been this bad… and here we sit on September 15th, tied for the Wild Card and a half game behind the Rockies, who are what their name says “Rocky.” This had to be the master plan all along. There is no other explanation. Watch them win out.
“This is all true. Some little green men told me on their spaceship. I’ve seen their ship – they are not taking me back. No way…”
OK, give me a better explanation. Maybe there isn’t one. But, here we are. The Dodgers are hot, gaining confidence and in control of their destiny. Today, they will get Axford, Cingrani and Garcia back – the plan the rest of the way is to use 27 pitches in a game – each pitching to one batter every day. That will keep the arms fresh down the stretch.
OK, so right about now, you realize that if you gave me an enema, you could bury me in a shoebox. Back to reality, and the reality is the Dodgers are officially hot and charging hard to the finish line. They are already assured a split with the Cards and on the road, that ain’t bad…. but they want more – they want two more games! I like Rich Hills curveball in the 85 degree, 61% humidity of St. Louis today. It would be nice to see Toles and Verdugo against the RH pitcher, Gant.
Rants & Raves
- Striker (I refuse to call him by his horrible first name) Buehler looks to be our Ace in Waiting. He has grown so much since last September.
- Michael Grove might just do what Buehler did next year, although he a #2 at best… most likely a #3.
- Just think, the Cards tried to trade Flaherty to the Jays for Donaldson. Yikes!
- I wonder who will close tonight? I can’t see Kenley in 4 straight.
- Congrats to Tulsa and RC for winning their respective titles. I expect we will be listening to AC/DC on this… soon.
- What a spin by Manny Machado as he attempted to turn a double play… and THE THROW WAS ACCURATE. No way Seager even attempts that play. Sorry Corey!
- I might trade Brian Dozier for Logan Forsythe right about now. Ouch!
- Joc should NEVER leadoff!
- Against the RH Flaherty, the Dodgers’ LH Hitters were 1-15 – yeah, those platoons work well don’t they?
- Doc better let Puig play today.
- I wonder if they will call up Santana – he’s on the 40-man?
- Root for the Giants this weekend – vomit in your mouth later!
Sit the old men. Play this lineup today:
- Verdugo CF
- Turner 3B
- Machado SS
- Bellinger 1B
- Muncy 2B
- Toles LF
- Puig RF
- Grandal C