I can’t complain about the pitching changes last night. It all boils down to Rosscup not doing his job on lefties. Some will complain about taking Maeda out and they will be the same ones who complained when they left him in. Rosscup doesn’t belong. Axford looked like he does. His first outing was horrid (the worst of his career), but he overcame another Joc Pederson outfield gaffe to shut down the Rockies in the 8th inning and had two strikeouts in the process. He still hits 97-98 and is the type of pitcher Honey can “fix.” We will see.
It seems to be “closer by committee” with Floro, Alexannder and maybe even Axford there (if he can pitch like last night). Ryu will likely be back the week of August 20th and Urias was hitting 95 on the gun at RC last night.
- For those of you who had Max Muncy dead and buried: The body was exhumed. Max is alive and well… as is Cody Bellinger.
- Sometimes Joc is just brain dead in the outfield – I don’t even know what to say sometimes. That’s why he can’t be in CF.
- It should be interesting to see how Striker Buehler does today.
- The most important thing to know is that the Dodgers are starting In-Seat Beer Service.
- No one really knows how long Kenley Jansen will be out. It could be two weeks, a month, the rest of the season or his career. You don’t mess with the “ticker.”
- Dustin Nosler of TrueBlueLA has a interestinmg piece on the Dodgers’ changing Bullpen Philosphy.
- When will Manny Machado show up? So far, he’s been Clark Kent, but the Dodgers were looking for Superman. Is this another Josh Reddick, Curtis Granderson, et al clone?
- Logan Forsythe as a Twin: 29 AB’s/.414 BA/.469 OB%/.952 OPS – Just sayin’….
- If you count Machado and Dozier, the Dodgers coulkd have 10 hitters with 20+ HR this year.
- Mitch White pitched his best game of the season last night for Tulsa – 6 IP/4 H/ 1 ER/ 0 BB/6 K’s and Kasowski struck out the side in the 9th. Call ’em both up! 😉
- These are the Dog Days – it’s where Pennants can be won and lost!