21-5 is nice, but it’s the same when the Dodgers win 1-0. It only counts as one win. It’s the same when the Dodgers lose in the 16th inning because Kike is a horrible pitcher! You can’t get too high when you win, or too low when you lose. A win is a win and a loss is a loss – no more, no less! But damn, it is fun when they score 21 runs! Of course, winning is more fun. I think last night loosened the team up a lot. Many players were obviously pressing because of slumps. Hopefully, this is the start of something good.
Rants and Raves
- Chris Taylor is not having as good of a year as he did last year, but he’s not as horrible as some make it out to be. He is hitting .254 (verses .288 last year). His OB% is .330 verses .354 last year. His slugging is down about 75 points and his strikeouts are up somewhat, but it’s not like he has fallen off the face of the earth. I expect his career path to be similar to last year. Stuff happens! Look at Ender Inciarte – he has really fallen. I still like CT3 and he could finish strong.
- With everyone healthy (and even without Corey Seager), this is one of the most potent offenses in baseball with Dozier and Machado added. They should have at least 9 (maybe 10) players with 20+ Home Runs!
- CT3 is #1 on the team in runs scored and Cody is #2… and no one else is close to them.
- The Dodgers are 8 runs behind the Cubs for tHE #1 spot in Runs Scored.
- The Dodgers are now #1 in Team ERA in the NL and #2 in baseball.
- I keep hearing that Ryu will be back when the rosters expand. I think he will be back in 2-3 weeks!
- I hope the Dodgers mug Verlander and steal his girl tonight!