The photo is Justin Turner saying “It’s been nice knowing you, Joc.”
In case you have been living under a rock, Joc Pederson is very polarizing to fans. People love him or hate him. With his new swing, he has cut down his strikeouts as well as most of his his power. He will not hit HR with that swing. No way, Jose! He’s an OK outfielder, not a centerfielder and does not have good instincts on the basepaths. He has a great eye at the plate, but zero power with the overhauled swing. Muncy is better, Kike is better, Barnes is better. He is Chase Utley – and he’s a good guy but his time is up in LA.
Maybe he will do better somewhere else. I doubt the team can get much foir him… maybe a Top 25-30 Prospect. If Roberts is intent on playing Taylor at SS, I would call up Verdugo to play CF. He is really not a CF’er either due to his average speed, but he runs good routes. He will hit – of that I have no doubt. Just let him play everyday. He will adapt! I also think he will morph into a leadoff hitter. As much as I like Tim LoCastro, I see him as utility, not a starter.
If Doc plays Alex everyday, he will rise to the occasion. As a rookie, I think he will put up a .350 OB%. That’s what I predict. I have always said he might hit like Tony Gwynn – I stand by that! I also think he will hit 20+ HR… maybe not this year, but soon. He also is a very good baserunner – he has the instincts Joc lacks. I am not a professional scout, but years ago, when Joc was in AAA, I said that thebest he would be was a 4th or 5th outfielder. I think I was right – he looked like more for a while, but he’s not… at least not in LA.
I want to see this lineup:
- Verdugo CF
- Turner 3B
- Kemp LF
- Grandal C (Catch him 5 times a week – he blows hot and cold)
- Bellinger 1B (let him alone – he will adapt)
- Taylor SS
- Forsythe/Utley 2B (Chase is looking old)
- Puig RF (Just leave him alone – so what iof you get good production from the 8 hole?)
- Ryu looks like he is well ahead of his projected recovery. I think he will go on a rehab assignment in Mid-to-late-June based upon what I saw in LA. He was jumping and moving very well.
- I doubt that CK will go on a rehab assignment – I expect to see him start next Thursday against teh D-Bags… barring any physical setbacks.
- The Dodgers are trying to “fix” Chargois’ control problems like they did Alexander when they sent him down. He will be back in a couple of weeks I think.
- The Dodgers aren’t trading for Manny Machado – Put down the crack pipe and walk away slowly!
- Hey somebody… anybody: Put Brock Stewart in the pen and leave him there. Just do it!
- Dennis Santana had a rough start last night without his good stuff… but he adapted. I went from depressed to impressed!
Photo Credit – NY Post