- Many Dodger fans (including me) think Joc Pederson should be in Siberia or Tulsa or OKC. But he started the scoring with a home run off of Stephen Strasburg. Joc was 2-4 last night.
- Many Dodgers fans have wanted Kike Hernandez banished, – especially because he can’t hit RHP. But he hit another home run off Strasburg last night… and the last I checked Strasburg was RH. Imagine that!
- Many Dodgers fans (me included) thought the Silver Fox was washed up. His .325 BA with .a .429 OB% says we didn’t know a damn thing.
- Many Dodger fans thought Ryu was washed up. So, he out-pitched Stephen Strasburg last night and is 3-0 with a 1.99 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 22 innings. Do you still not want him?
- Yasmani Grandal – we already discussed that one.
- Chris Taylor is now scalding the ball.
So many fans get furious with Dave Roberts based upon his lineups… and you can debate that all you want, but don;t forget: He’s the guy who managed the team to 104 wins and 1 game short of winning the World Series AND if his Ace and Closer had held up their end of the bargain, The Curse would have been over.
Dave Roberts knows what he is doing. He has access to information we don’t, including personal contact and knowledge of each player. You can criticize all you want, but just realize: You don’t know Jack S____ … and neither do I. But we will keep pretending! Won’t we? Why do the Dodgers keep Font, Pederson, Forsythe, Muncy and Kike? Maybe, just maybe, they know something we don’t!
Alex Wood is due for a good game today and the Dodger bats might just wake up completely… or not. What do I know? In case you haven’t noticed, baseball is a funny, confusing, unpredictable, wonderful game. Anything can happen… and probably will!
OK, hopefully it is a quick win for the Dodgers this afternoon because the Pacers and Cavs play at 8:30 EDT (5:30 PDT) and I have to be there!