The Hot Stove is Cold… We are all going stir-crazy!
OK, let’s get really crazy:
The Dodgers trade Matt Kemp, Pedro Baez and Clayton Kershaw to Texas for Cole Hamels and Jose Leclerc. That frees up $35 million in 2018.
Next, they sign Yu Darvish as a Free Agent and trade Yadier Alvarez, Yusneil Diaz, Jordon Sheffield and Kenta Maeda to Pittsburgh for Andrew McCutchen and Gerrit Cole.
Hill, Urias, Buehler, Oaks
Hill goes from the #2 to the #6 starter. Leclerc is a candidate to be the 8th inning man. He has some amazing stuff.
- Taylor CF
- Seager SS
- Turner 3B
- Bellinger 1B
- McCutchen LF
- Puig RF
- Barnes/Grandal C
- Forsythe 2B
Here’s the rationale:
- The Dodgers lose their Ace and end up with 3 Aces and several more starters in waiting.
- Maeda fills a spot in Pittsburgh’s rotation.
- The Pirates get salary relief and prospects.
- Texas gets a Hometown boy and a big bat.
- The Dodgers maybe lose the best pitcher in baseball but will be stacked for the playoffs.
Clayton Kershaw is my favorite Dodger, but this is about winning. I think this gives the Dodgers a better chance at winning it all. They are stacked for 2018… and beyond with this. Hamels comes off the books in 2019 and Cole in 2020. No long-term lock-ups.
It’s been calm… up until now. Let’s get crazy!