It was fun to dream: Ohtani, Stanton, Ozuna, Rivero, et al. – I did it to mask the pain from the loss of the World Series, but now I am sobered up and back to reality. Now I am going to tell you the truth:
- The Dodgers will be below $237 Million in salary… if only by $1.00. BET ON IT;
- The Dodgers will not sign anyone to a long-term contract;
- Yu Darvish will not be a Dodger;
- Chase Utley will not be a Dodger;
- Yasmani Grandal will not get traded…. at least not now;
- Brandon McCarthy will not get traded;
- The Dodgers will try and make a few trades, but may not be successful as teams are really wary of trading with FAZ for fear sending them the next Chris Taylor (or getting the next Zach Lee); and
- Don’t be surprised if nothing happens.
What Worries Me:
- Walker Buehler’s High-Effort Delivery
- Alex Verdugo’s Psyche
- A-Gon on the roster
- That the Dodgers will keep trying Stewart as a starter
- Can El Gasolino learn to pitch?
- Can Cingrani build on his time with the Dodgers? I see a chance for him to be really good.
- Does the team really need anything more?
With Grandal and Barnes, catching is TOP 5 in MLB. I see them both on the team until at least July.
Here’s what I see FOR SURE in 2018:
- A-Gon (until he shows he can’t)
Frankly, I am OK with that. Pederson is not on the roster and neither is Verdugo. The fact is, this could be a very good lineup. Do they really need to do much? There are lots of options in the minors.
Rants and Raves
So, two years ago the D-Bags were the Darlings of Baseball when they signed Zack Greinke. Of course, his first season was a disaster. Last year was better and now they are in talks to trade him. Of course, they will have to “eat” some of that money. Would the Giants like a “do over” with Cueto? Boston might like a mulligan with Price.
We need to realize… GM’s need to realize that these long-term dope-fiend deals will kill you in the long run. Cashman should have learned, but he just repeated it again with Stanton. Fans think FAZ is dumb for not doing the big signings. To determine who really is dumb, they should look in the mirror. No further explanation should be necessary.