Logan Forsythe is picking a great time to peak! Check!
The Dodgers 5, 6, 7 and 8 hitters did most of the damage last night. Check, Check, Check, Check!
Yu Darvish looked to be the equal of Clayton Kershaw and with six games to play. Check!
El Gasoline makes me nervous. Chhhhhheeeeecccccckkkkkk!
Segedin might be making a case to be on the roster! Check!
100 wins! Check!
The Dodgers are two games ahead of the Indians with six games to play. Double Check!
Has the switch been flipped? Check Mate!
I think Ken Gurnick of Dodgers.com absolutely nailed it:
Maybe it’s that preoccupation of preparing for October that made clinching so difficult in September, the unintended consequences of taking the collective eye off the ball while winnowing a deep roster.
It’s a good read, with Five Questions up for determination:
- Will Walker Buehler be on the playoff roster?
- Who makes it among Fields, Baez, McCarthy and Maeda?
- Will Avilan, Cincrani and Watson all make the cut?
- Will Farmer or Segedin or Culberson make it?
- Who makes the roster – Ethier or Gonzo?
Let’s see if Rich Hill can keep up the momentum! For the record, I think it’s a bad Idea to start A-Gon tonight.