I have been really busy this week and have not had time to post, so this evening I had some time, and I sat down and was going to ridicule the fact that Dave Roberts did not put Austin Barnes in the lineup. I started it and then the Dodgers scored 6 runs in the first two innings. Here it was:
Of Course, You want the Best Hitter in Baseball Against RHP on the Bench!
That way you can use him as a pinch hitter!
Among hitters who have more than 80 AB’s, Jose Altuve, who is leading the AL in hitting, is second in all of baseball in batting average against RH Pitching with a .353 BA. The number one player for hitting RH Pitching in all of baseball is Austin Barnes who is hitting .356 against them. Altuve has a .414 OB% while Barnes has a .472 OB%.
Well, it didn’t make any difference as the Dodgers came out and took care of business. So, back to the drawing board! I will never second guess again… until the next time!
- Andre Ethier is looking for a spot on the playoff roster. He’s starting to earn it. Maybe Kike and Andre platoon?
- Alex Wood is getting by with off speed stuff – his stuff is not filthy like earlier this year.
- One of the biggest differences between the Dodgers and Nats is that Edwin Jackson couldn’t start for OKC and he’s the Nats #5.
- My, oh my! How Yasiel Puig has grown!
- It does look like the worm has turned- it looks like the Dodgers are back… just in time for the playoffs!
Here’s why I have been so busy:
Our Kitchen – August 23rd until today:
Not 100% done but about 97.8% done.