It’s been so long I had almost forgotten how it felt. OK, I didn’t like it, so stop it now! I am just going to ramble on today.
- Brock Stewart is a mere mortal. His ERA ballooned up to 0.87. He will likely go down to AAA for 15 days – either him or Ross Stripling. I am looking forward to later this month and this lineup against RH pitching:
- Ethier RF
- Seager SS
- Turner 3B
- Bellinger LF
- Grandal C
- Gonzo 1B
- Pederson CF
- Utley 2B
- From MLB.Com:
Mitchell White faced two over the minimum en route to completing five scoreless frames in his best start for Double-A Tulsa. It was just the third Double-A start for the 22-year-old righty, who allowed one hit, struck out five and induced nine ground-ball outs. Overall, White has pitched to a 2.97 ERA in 57 2/3 innings (15 starts) across three levels this season. He’s given up just 34 hits and zero home runs in that span, all while compiling 65 strikeouts against 22 walks and posting an excellent ground-ball rate.
Do we have another Walker Buehler on our hands?
- Corey Seager moving to 3B: It could happen IF the Dodgers were to get a great defensive SS who could also hit, but in the eyes of Sabermetric-Types if you have a SS who is a MVP-Type Hitter and he’s a solid defensive SS (which Seager is), then you get another power bat at 3B because finding a SS with a big bat is much harder. It weakens the team. That said, Corey has improved his range and reduced his errors. At Corey’s age, Cal Ripkin was putting up errors in the mid-20’s and so was Ozzie Smith. With the season two-thirds over, Corey only has 8 errors. With Manny Machado coming up as a free agent after next year, I doubt FAZ would even give a sniff of 3B to Corey. I see him at SS like Ripkin was at SS. He is not a defensive problem – more of an asset.
- Nolan Arenado will be a free agent 2020 and will be almost 30. Strike 1! Don’t believe FAZ will sign him to a $200 million dollar deal, but someone will. Strike 2! Look at his Career Splits: He has 79 HR and 296 RBI at home and 56 HR and 175 RBI on the road. He bats .313 at home and .267 on the road. His OPS at home is .951 (MVP-esque) while .784 on the road (Kike-esque). Strike 3! I can’t see it happening. Machado? Yes!
- I would like to see Alex Wood do good in the ATL tonight. Let’s get back on track.
- Will Cody Bellinger hit 40 HR this year? I think so. This is a guy who hit 6 HR three years ago, only to jump to 30 a year later. That shows you how he adjusts.
- Remember when Chris Taylor dropped to .279 and people said he was regressing? He’s at .308 and he’s regressing? When Cory goes up and down no one says he is regressing. Chris may be a little tired but he will be fine.
- How in the Holy Hell can Rich Hill be the NL Pitcher of the month? At least, that is what you might think if you read what some Dodger fans say about him. TAKE THAT!
- While Chris Taylor technically is not a rookie, he is close to it. So is Cody Bellinger and Austin Barnes – That’s three position players inserted into the lineup THIS year. I believe FAZ thinks that is enough. Verdugo will be up in September, but he will be the ROY next year. I could see Rios and Ramos making the team too. I don’t know what to think about Henry Ramos – he could be another Chris Taylor. He is hitting like a madman. In 105 AB’s this year across AA and AAA he is hitting .441 with a 1.185 OPS. He’s sick!
- Wilmer Font deserves a starting opportunity on the MLB Level.