- It’s not a sure thing that Adrian Gonzalez will be back this year. Now, it’s looking like at least August. How many teams can lose $40 million dollars of salary to the DL and survive? Add in Kazmir and it’s $56 million and add Crawfish and it’s $77 million. Can the pundits of “The Trade ” finally understand why it is felony stupid to give long-term deals to aging stars? Nah, they still probably don’t get it!
- I would think that the Dodgers need to call up Alex Verdugo right after the All-Star Game and see what he can do before making any trade for a LF’er like J.D. Martinez. J.D. would settle in at #5 very well but he will be 30 soon and is not a great fielder at 29. If Verdugo could leadoff, then Taylor can slide down to #5.
- Willie Calhoun continues to hit, but his lack of foot speed and range will not allow him to play 2B at the MLB level… in my opinion. It still seems to me that he is trade material.
- It seems to me that some blogs are just trying to be overly dramatic or critical or cynical or maybe just plain batshit crazy when it comes to reporting on the Dodgers. Let’s read a few Headlines Across the Dodger Blogosphere – draw you own conclusions:
Dodgers comeback effort falls short in finale with Padres
Dodgers can’t pick up Maeda in San Diego
Dodgers comeback falls short at Petco
Padres 5, Dodgers 3: Early wasted chances come back to haunt Dodgers
Dodgers can’t overcome poor start by Kenta Maeda
Dodgers unable to get out from early hole in 5-3 loss to Padres
Kenta Maeda Horrendous, Bats Flaccid, Dodgers Drop Series Finale To Padres
- Tim Locastro got the callup to OKC.
- DJ Peters jacked three HR last night for RC as Mieses blasted two of his own.
- Kazmir pitched 3 innings allowing 1 hit and 1 ER at RC.
- Alex Wood and Justin Turner were both ripped off by not being on the All-Star Roster. Hopefully Turner gets the final spot and Wood is named to take Clayton’s place.