A picture is worth a thousand words, so I thought I would post scientific evidence of what led to Adrian Gonzalez and Yasmani Grandal hitting 3rd and 4th. Any questions? Actually, what else can you do but throw darts? The lineup is less important than the players in it. I would like to see Toles in everyday. Let him play. Of course, Bellinger has to be in it as well.
Cody Bellinger is not going back to AAA, is he now? Bellinger is just one of those guys who can adapt to whatever you put in front of him. He’s here to stay. I haven’t seen “THAT” in too many players, but it’s the same thing I see in Corey. Cody might just be the #4 hitter the Dodgers need. Andrew Toles said this: “In the Minor Leagues, he was doing stuff like that all the time. It’s nothing new to me.”
In just a few games, Cody Bellinger has become part of the fabric of this team. There is no way he is going down right now. That certainly can solve some problems as well as create others. The Dodgers have three left-handed hitters who are struggling mightily. Here they are and here are my solutions:
- Yasmani Grandal – Start Barnes for 3 or 4 straight games – forget the matchups. He’s struggling – sit him and let him clear his mind.
- Adrian Gonzalez – He has never been on the DL and I think he wants that to be party of his legacy, but he is hurting the team. Put him on the DL – it’s overdue.
- Chase Utley – I think it is very hard for him to get his rhythm as a utility player. Offer him a job in the front office and let him retire. I thought Chase could adjust but now I am not so sure. This is a hard call, but needs to be made.
This has been a Public Service Announcement. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Rants & Raves
- A-Gon got the home winning RBI and certainly deserved it, but that changes nothing about my opinion of his decline.
- B-Mac pitched OK – 5 innings and 4 runs is not great, but he just somewhat unlucky on contact. It happens – still he pounded the strike zone.
- Chris Hatchett and Tony Romo have to go on the DL or something. Hatchett can always be counted on that he can’t be counted on.
- All things considered, that was a pretty pivotal game… or it could be. A 3-game win streak and a dramatic comeback win can lead to big things.
- Rich Hill says his blister is fine and is going to throw a 60 pitch outing on Thursday at RC and then return to the rotation the week after. Wood back to the pen? There’s that “depth” again.
- F-Gut hit a 2-run HR at RC in his first at bat.
- Spitzbarth – 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 3 K 0.79 ERA – he might bypass RC and go to Tulsa soon. DJ Peters and Will Smith are candidates to go to RC soon.